Sunday, November 6, 2011

For us girls

One of my favorite Bible passages of all time happens to be Psalm 45:10-11.  It says,
"Listen, O daughter, consider and take ear.  Forget your people and your father's house.  The king is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your Lord."
These verses means a lot to me, and not just as a, "Oh, God just said to take off on my own and forget about the rest of my family!" type of thing.  I view this as the way that we are to worship Him. 

It's an earnest plea for God's daughters to seek Him before anything, or anyone, else.  Before the people we know.  Before the family we love.  Jesus Christ loves us and is spellbound by how beautiful we are before Him.  He wants us to spend time with Him—as His lover, His daughter, and His friend.  God desires you to serve Him, and to worship Him as only you can. 
This passage was shared with me by one of my camp counselors at camp this summer.  When she shared it, I realized that it was the first time that I had truly seen a Bible passage jump out at me this much.  I have known my whole life that God loves me and wants the best for me, and that I look, act, and live the way I do because it's what He desires, but I never thought that He was actually enthralled by my beauty.  Not only outwardly, but my inward beauty.  I haven't really given too much thought on how much God loved me, or how I should act towards that love.

Instead of pulling away, my prayer is that I will lean towards my Lord.  I need to give my all to the One who loves me so dearly, the One who is so enthralled by me beauty that He would die for me, and me alone.  My desire is to be so close to my Father, my Lord, my Christ, that my day-to-day "busyness" and hectic lifestyle doesn't hinder my ability to continue growing closer to Him.  If I needed to, could I leave my family for His sake?  Instead of being bombarded by the little things in life, I want to be fully focused on the one Big thing in life, the Being who has captured my heart.  I want you to make it your prayer, too.  God is completely and utterly in love with us.  Are we willing to return that love?

No comments:

Post a Comment